Thursday, August 11, 2011

Patriotic Nerd Cake

Let it be known, that on July 21, 2011, I embarked on an endeavor that secured my nerdiness.

It starts with:

1.5 recipes of white cake

1/3 of the white cake dyed blue

1 (ginormous!) recipe of strawberry cake

and some aluminum foil
Put it together....

... and what do ya get?
A Captain America Cake!!!

[it looks better from below:]

[well, sorta...]

Yeah, I did that. It's not perfect, but as a first try for that kind of thing, I must say it's pretty cool. It's even better with some whipped cream and strawberries. Or a bit of cream cheese icing. Whichever fits your tastes. ^___^

So it's pretty obvious how I did it. It's all in the aluminum! :D Just make sure to spray your pans and foil.... >_> It was messy trying to get those out. Also make sure you have sturdy zip-top bags for pouring the batter into its designated space. It was kinda hard to position the nozzle of the mixing bowl just right. When the stuff was poured, I put it in the oven for a few minutes and then took the aluminum barriers out. I think I should've taken it out right after I poured the batter, but oh well. It still came out AWESOME.

I really want to do more cakes like this one. I'll see if I can make an Avengers cake when that movie comes out. XD Making that cake was the most fun/frustrating time baking that I've had.

If I retire with enough money, I think I'll open up my own bakery. "Mamaw Mach's" I think. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment